Easter fun! We were in Abilene for the weekend and boy was it a busy one. We tried to fit in all of the traditions - egg dying, Easter baskets, egg hunt, and Easter dinner - along with the events for the 50th anniversary of Hillcrest c of c (where Evan is the youth minister). The egg hunt was the only thing we couldn't squeeze in, which was okay because we just got the goodies in our basket instead of having to find them! I am really glad Mom doesn't believe in age limits for holidays.
Jacinda and I creating our "masterpieces." Well, experiments at least.
Evan and one of his sports player eggs. I think Lance Armstrong on his bike was the best.
Texas turns blue! This is always one of my favorite times of the year, because the bluebonnets are out. I was afraid there might not be as many this year, due to the low rainfall. So it was a pleasant surprise when they started popping up alongside the highways. The flowers below were close to Mom and Dad's place in Clyde, but I've seen quite a few in the Dallas area as well. If anyone is looking for a photo op, Spur 408 just before I-20 in Grand Prairie is covered! Driving back from Arlington, I thought there was a wreck on the highway as traffic slowed very abruptly. Nope, just half a dozen cars pulled onto the shoulder to snap a Spring pic!
Evan runs! And we chase. The family flew up to Oklahoma City for Evan to run his second marathon. I hadn't been to the city for quite some time and was impressed with their "Bricktown" area, a great walking spot with lots to do; it reminded me of Ft. Worth's Sundance Square area. The OKC RedHawks (Texas Ranger's Triple A team) weren't in town, so we'll have to come again to catch a game.
Evan did a great job on his run and shaved off a lot of time from his first run at the White Rock Marathon. For the runner's take, check out his post about the day. I was glad Dad was driving this time on the marathon chase. It can be a fun, but daunting task trying to find viewing points in time to see the runner and navigate around the streets closed off for the race. We did pretty good and were able to catch Evan about 6 or 7 times along the course. Next time, we need t-shirts. I liked the lady's that said, "She drives. She waits. She cheers."
Just because family photo
The finish line

No comments:
Post a Comment