Friday, April 10, 2009

Let's Make it a National Holiday!

Last Monday was one of my favorite days of the year - OPENING DAY. And as I have been fortunate enough to do a few times since moving to Dallas, I got to celebrate with a couple of hot dogs while watching the first game of the season at the Rangers' Ballpark in Arlington. This year I went to the game with my mom and my friend, Geneva Bundy. Though the chilly wind gusts kept us bundled up rather than sporting the usual baseball attire of shorts and flip-flops, it was quite the perfect experience.

A couple of the best moments of the game:
  • Former President Bush throwing the opening pitch to Josh Hamilton, who asked the former Rangers owner for his autograph, instead of the usual way around.
  • Jarrod Saltalamacchia, ex-Braves player and my favorite AL catcher, hitting a double to knock in the first 2 runs of the game.
  • A Rangers win - 9 to 1.

After making sure we brought the camera, we forgot to take a picture of ourselves at the game, so this shot of the field was all we got.


Some of my baseball fanatic co-workers and I discussed that this day truly should be a get-the-day-off national holiday. Until then, I don't mind using a few vacation hours for the experience.

No comments: