Friday, May 8, 2009

I've Caught the ...

Travel Bug!!

I know, I know. Most of you reading this are probably thinking, "When do you not have the travel bug?!" And it is true. Most of my life, I've been coming back from one place and going to another. Planned out or going on a whim, I really think it is just part of my DNA.

But every now and then there is a destination or a trip that makes me excited. This "second wind, bouncing off the walls, super giddy Jenise" comes out. Seriously, kid in a candy shop excitement.

Anytime I get this way, I always think of this picture:

It is from a trip to Chicago exactly 3 years ago this weekend. A group of us convinced Eric (a Chi-town native) to let us crash at his parents' for the long weekend trip. And despite the unexpectedly cold weather (I know it is the Windy City, but it was frigid for May!), it was everything you could want in a visit to Chicago - Cubs game, Giordano's pizza, Sear's tower, biking along Lake Michigan... All of this, combined with great company, made for one giddy traveling Jenise.

What I love about this picture is that it wasn't just a cheesy smile for the camera, I actually remember being this excited. And I recall how taken aback my fellow travelers were. I'd know most of them for less than a year, so they had not been exposed to this version of me. Some might think me quiet and reserved; these are people who've never traveled with me :)

So, what's the destination which has me jittery this weekend - Disney World!! Yes, you may remember I posted about going there just 3 months ago. But this time we are going for my birthday, spending the whole day at Epcot (my favorite park), and well, there is a reason they call it "The Happiest Place on Earth!" Plus, my aunt and uncle are coming along with my parents and I, making the trip even more FUN!

It's a good thing there are walls around my desk, because my co-workers might be thinking there's something wrong with me, this goofy smile I've got. 11 hours and counting...

4 comments:

laura jo said...

I am SO SUPER excited for you, Jenise! I saw this picture and immediately thought, "HEY! I know that pic!" How fun to relive those memories.

Have a great time celebrating your wonderful day o' birth! What's on your list this year??? Get your requests in!

Ms. Embry said...

I happened to stumble across your blog via other people's blogs and I'm very pleased to discover you!! How are you??? And I am deducing you are in the Dallas area??? Where?? We should meet up sometime! Look forward to hearing from you! :-) Rachel Embry

H Noble said...

Happy Birthday Jenise!!! So glad you got to go on a wonderful trip to celebrate. We are so excited you are coming to visit us this weekend and want to see your pictures! :)

Jessica said...

Hmm I recognize that side profile. :)

Glad to see some pics from the good ol days!