Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring Break

No, I'm not in school. And though we have many perks at Southwest Airlines, a Spring Break vacation is not one of them. However, when four of your closest friends are teachers, you get to celebrate the week nonetheless.

For the past three years, the group of us have ventured to some small Texas town for a relaxing couple of days. The first year was a last-minute jaunt to College Station, where Amy gave us a tour of campus and some of her old haunts - I recall some exceptional ice cream concretes. Last year we headed East and ended up in Uncertain, TX. No, I didn't forget the name of the town, that's really it - a tiny place on Caddo Lake. And believe it or not, this location was actually planned, though I can't recall how we came up with it. A tiny cabin, lots of fisherman, and pink sponge rollers - not a trip we will soon forget.

This year we ventured Southwest to Lampasas and stayed in the antique Peach House. Kim's (see San Diego post) parents have owned this cute place for years. Mom and I have spent some fun Summer weeks there with Kim and her daughter Keegan, so I was looking forward to sharing the place with the girls. It's the perfect place for a relaxing time, which is just what we had. A couple of movies, some reading, and eating all our favorite candy. We did venture out a couple of times, to church and walking to the downtown square. My camera didn't make it out of my bag on the trip, but Laura has a pic on her blog of us on the front porch.

On the way down, we were able to stop in Waco for Jamie's annual birthday dinner - pork tenderloin and cookie cake, yum!

No comments: