We choose the Magic Kingdom for the park of the day (Don't worry, we have at least 2 more trips to Disney planned this year to cover the other parks). Despite the fact that we were considerably in the minority of people there without someone under the age of 5, I still say Disney is best when you are an adult. So long as you can reach the inner-child in you.
There were good size crowds but didn't have to wait longer than 15 minutes for anything. We had enough time to make all the rides we wanted and some of the favorites (Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion) more than once...or twice.
The birthday special seems to be working well; we noticed a lot of people with the "Happy Birthday" buttons on. The Disney Cast has certainly been trained to greet the birthday people, too. No kidding, I bet more than 100 people told Mom "Happy Birthday!"
Here's a few pics of the day:
Mom's Birthday - "What will you celebrate?"
Mom and I with one of the celebrities - Donald Duck in Frontierland.
Mom and Dad in front of Cinderella's castle - note the Mickey and Minnie shrubberies behind them.
Getting dizzy on the teacups.
Mom had read some articles where people were complaining about Disney using "product placement" in their theme parks. Which just bewilders me, since the whole place is their products - what else are they supposed to include? But it may have worked on me. I left the day "singing" the Pirates theme song and wanting to go home and dust off the old animated features.

1 comment:
Yea! How fun! Justin's been trying to get me to Disney for years and I've had no desire. Maybe you have helped sway me a little. ;)
Post a Comment