Friday, December 19, 2008

O Christmas Tree

Most families have some Christmas decorating traditions, maybe big light displays or festive wreaths (I'm guessing that's why the house down the street has 8 - one on each door and window).

In my family, the tree is the big deal. Or should I say trees, since growing up we always had multiple. The big one is "Dad's" with only Hallmark ornaments - 600+ at recent count; the others a variety of other sizes and decorations for a total of 3-7 trees around the house.

My own tree has followed me through the years, from home to Lubbock to Dallas. It's decorated with a hodgepodge of ornaments collected through the years, with heavy emphasis on snowflakes!

This year I've added a SWA themed tree for my work cube. Along with a few glass planes and SWA heart, I have the SWA collectible ornament for each of the Christmas I've worked here (2 and counting!) I've snagged a picture with my phone - not too clear, but captures the spirit!





Yes, the tree skirt is the sky and that's a Southwest plane stitched in the front.


3 comments:

JNoble said...

I can attest that your camera phone doesn't do your tree justice. The best part is the perfectly Canyon Blue lights!

H Noble said...

I love it and the tree skirt is just fabulous!

laura jo said...

did you make that tree skirt? you are just too crafty!