Every scrapbooker/seamstress/crafty person's dream - I have a whole room dedicated to my random projects. And with the completely different color scheme of only black and white, this room was a lot of fun to put together.
Appropriately, almost everything in here was "remade" for this room; you could almost do a "redecorating on a budget" episode from this. I think the only new item purchased was the black chair from IKEA.
- Old college shelves were repainted
- Shoe shelf covered with oil cloth and set on its side for a knickknack display.
- Trunk recovered for a storage ottoman
- Table swap with my mom - same table, different finishes
- Wicker rocker from childhood was repainted with new cushions.
Sewing credit again goes to my mom on the curtains and chair cushions.

I used the color palette as an excuse to display lots of black and white pictures, mostly of my various travels with friends. In fact, I think the only picture included which is not out of town was taken at the Ballpark.

Not too surprising, I spend a considerable amount of time in here. The big table is perfect for sewing or working on crafts (the sewing machine is cleverly hidden under the box - great idea, Kathy!)

A great place to display a few souvenir type items - including the Coca-Cola bottle from the Atlanta tour, a Louisville slugger mini bat from the factory tour, and an autographed Chipper Jones baseball (last year's Christmas present from the best sister ever!)

And in case anyone is worried about my entertainment intake, the one TV in the house is also here, just not pictured. Complete with rabbit ears which are good enough for seeing the weather and the couple of shows I actually watch.
3 comments:
Very clever. I'll have to cover a box for my sewing machine. It just has a dusty plastic cover that got torn in the move. Then I could stack stuff around and on it too!
Jenise, I just got caught up on all your recent updates! Fabulous! The house is amazing and I love your choice for Halloween decorating in your office! Of course!
Tonya
Looks perfect for you! Awesome!
Post a Comment