
Julie and I on the ferry flight. Nonstop Dallas to Boston + SWA Employees = lots of FUN!
SWA plane to land at Boston Logan (us!) with water cannons.

Showing off the bright yellow shirts and our ticket counter area.

Didn't get to see a game, but Fenway is a picture worthy sight regardless.

A visit to Boston isn't complete without walking the Freedom Trail. After many attempts, we finally got a shot with the Old North Church. Paul Revere, two lights, you know...
In between the sightseeing, a large group of Employees did some sprucing up at a local elementary school. Among some other projects, we painted a huge mural on the playground wall. Julie and I worked on the slide (which just happened to look like a SWA plane) and Amber colored a rainbow.

Another Boston landmark, we made our way through the Commons over to Cheers for a photo op.
In order to make it home (nonReving itself can be quite the adventure!), Julie and I made sure we were first in the ticket counter line, and showed up at 4:00am! I will do both of our egos some good and not post those pictures :)
Luckily, it paid off and we got some of the few open seats to Chicago. Since we landed there about 8:30, we decided ride the train into the city for a few hours. A stroll down Michigan Ave and Giordano's makes for a great day.

Along Michigan, we saw this sculpture of the famous American Gothic painting, which is part of the Art Institute's collection. I've always loved the painting and was pretty excited seeing it much, much larger than life.
Just down from here is the Chicago Tribune building, and amazing piece of architecture in my
opinion. But we noticed one thing I'd never observed. Embedded along all the walls are stones from famous locations around the world. We noticed states were represented as well and started hunting down Texas. After quite a bit of unsuccessful searching, we finally located it around the corner from most of the states. As expected, our great state is represented by a piece of the Alamo.
And finally, the best pizza anywhere!







4 comments:
What an awesome trip! Glad you get to make so many great memories. Love the SWA slide! :)
Love that pizza! We ate it twice while we were there!
I happened upon your blog from Jessica's. This looks like such a fun trip! I went to school with Julie, and I love that girl! I didn't realize she was at SWA. Tell her that I said hello!
"The Alamo" ... too cool.
Giordano's Pizza, not cool. I want some!
Post a Comment