I knew it had been awhile since I'd posted anything, but I let the whole month of June pass! It's been a busy one; here's a recap of the fun:
WEDDING BELLS - Early in the month, I took a quick trip down to Austin to attend the wedding of one of my good Dallas friends, Jessica. It was at a beautiful outdoor venue just outside of the city and they had a great sunset view for the ceremony. Not surprising, Jessica was a beautiful bride and the whole affair was perfect, down to the last piece of wedding cake. I got to see some of Jessica's family and friends I've met over the past few years and catch up with Amy, a college friend from LCU days, and meet her husband and adorable daughter.
I snagged this self-portrait picture of Laura and I from the wedding off her blog. There are some great pictures on Jessica's blog, too.
WHAT COLOR? - Since our whole family purchased houses within a month's time, it was given painting would have to be done somewhere. The lucky winner was Mom and Dad's newest dwelling, which has received a complete makeover. Not to be left out of the fun, I went to Abilene a couple of days for the trim work stage. This meant I unfortunately missed seeing the hot pink and lime green walls left by the former owners, but I preferred the detailed baseboard and window painting anyway. Hard work = good eats; this weekend was Mom's incredible eggrolls and wontons. Yum!
SOAKIN' UP RAYS - This year's annual summer girls trip was a Caribbean cruise - with stops in Jamaica, Cayman Islands, and Roatan, Honduras. It was everything a good cruise should be - an open agenda, lazy time on the deck, and incredible food. We did keep ourselves fairly busy at the three ports - climbing Dunn's River Falls in Jamacia, snorkeling in Cayman, and playing with monkeys and beach time in Roatan - but we did get in lots of relaxing, too. The girls did lots of people watching (behind large sunglasses, of course) and I was able to read all of the books I'd brought along.
For all of you Facebook folks, I've heard there are lots of pictures of the trip on there. Here are a couple of us at Dunn's River Falls:
GUESTS AND A GIFT - My first "official" house guests were Megan and Jamie, friends from the Lubbock days. We've all migrated East and decided a girls weekend was in order. Thankfully, the new guest bed arrived the day before they did, so I had a place for them to sleep! We had a great time: catching a viewing of "The Proposal," attempting to see fireworks over Lake Grapevine, getting pedicures, eating chocolate fondue, going to a Rangers game, and of course, lots of good eats.
The girls (and by proxy, Meg's husband Lucas) gave me a great housewarming gift: these super-cute ice cream glasses and ice cream scoop! They'll be perfect for the smoothies and malts my blender frequently mixes up. And thanks to Lucas for not skimping on the scoop - I really needed one!
Thursday, July 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Great to hear an update from you! Cute housewarming gift!!
Thanks for the blog tribute! I'll have to add it to my "blog love" post!
The room looks great and Philly looks like it was alot of fun!
Post a Comment