Instead of making those of you who've bugged for house pictures wait, I decided I'd give a room-by-room update. The first room to completion: the guest room. As I mentioned in the last post, Jamie and Megan were my first guests, so their visit gave me some incentive to finish this room. Since I was using mostly my old bedroom stuff in here, it was just a matter of work. The most obvious change was painting all of the formerly white wicker furniture brown. Thanks to very little work on my part and lots of work and late hours by Mom, the furniture turned out great.
Sunday, July 5, 2009
House Update - First Room
In between all of the travels and events during June, I have managed to do some work on my house. Mom and Kathy spent 3 days here mid-month; arranging furniture, shopping, and giving lots of great decorating ideas. By the time they left, I had a general idea for each room, but completing each is taking some time. Naturally, most of the furniture I wanted had to be ordered and then there's just finding the time to get it all made and put together.
Instead of making those of you who've bugged for house pictures wait, I decided I'd give a room-by-room update. The first room to completion: the guest room. As I mentioned in the last post, Jamie and Megan were my first guests, so their visit gave me some incentive to finish this room. Since I was using mostly my old bedroom stuff in here, it was just a matter of work. The most obvious change was painting all of the formerly white wicker furniture brown. Thanks to very little work on my part and lots of work and late hours by Mom, the furniture turned out great.


Stay tuned for the rest!
Instead of making those of you who've bugged for house pictures wait, I decided I'd give a room-by-room update. The first room to completion: the guest room. As I mentioned in the last post, Jamie and Megan were my first guests, so their visit gave me some incentive to finish this room. Since I was using mostly my old bedroom stuff in here, it was just a matter of work. The most obvious change was painting all of the formerly white wicker furniture brown. Thanks to very little work on my part and lots of work and late hours by Mom, the furniture turned out great.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Looks great! Can't wait for the rest of it!
Post a Comment