MLK weekend Mom and I went to San Diego with our good friend Kim, who also had a long weekend from school. Seeing as it was in the 20s and 30s back home, the 70 degree weather in this CA city was very welcome.
Some of the highlights included: walking through the Gaslamp Quarter - a National Historic District where they've moved dozens of the oldest houses in San Diego. Mom was disappointed when she found out the houses were not original to the location, but I really appreciated this form of restoration - moving them all to a central location when the areas were they originated were being demolished for new construction. Somehow, I didn't get pictures here :(
Walking along the harbour - we saw the USS Midway, a tribute to Bob Hope, and this larger than life statue of the famous V-J Day picture.
After attending a church close to our hotel (ironically, one I had been to before when LCU Praise choir took a CA winter trip), we spent most of the afternoon at Balboa Park. The 1200 acre
We did experience some local food as well: some In-N-Out Burger,

1 comment:
Looks like a fabulous time!
Post a Comment