As more people questioned, I realized I really needed to come up with something. The idea was slow coming, mostly because when you say Valentines, you usually just think of hearts. Don’t get me wrong, hearts are great (and believe me, at SWA we LUV hearts!) but I was looking for a more unique idea.
Somehow, cupcakes came to mind. But the how and why took a bit longer to figure out. Random cupcakes for no purpose seemed about as creative as random hearts.
and then nixed (including making my desk area one huge cupcake like this, fun but not very practical for still being able to work productively).
Finally, the combination of a clever twist on a children’s book title – credit goes to my mom – and some online DIY searching yielded the perfect result.
Theme in hand, it was just a matter of assembling the pieces – raining cupcakes, clouds, umbrella – for this result:
In case you are wondering the question so many have asked me in the past weeks, the cupcakes are made from
for the “cake” and
for the “icing.” Except for the large cupcake, which is primarily a bucket courtesy of
.
Rave reviews were received on this theme. However, I've been told this raised the bar of expectations so my future decorations may have to be embellished a bit. Hope you all had a Happy Valentines Day!!


1 comment:
Okay, so I think you should start a blog or website solely for the purpose of cubicle decorating. ...or you can just keep it on this blog. What I mean to say is, this is FANTASTIC!!! Keep the posts a-coming! :) Excellent work, you creative thing!
Post a Comment