Friday, July 16, 2010

Crafty Cards

A few months ago, my good friend Jessica asked me if I'd like to go to a craft class at this cool stationary store, Paper Source. Seeing as how I'm the person who spent over a year cutting out intricate letters for my Australia scrapbook, it was fair for her to assume I'd be interested.

They have a number of classes every week and we choose to go to last night's "Girl's Night Out," which was Snazzy Stationery.

I had never been to the store, so just walking in was a fun treat. They have just about every paper and stationary related item you can imagine, from fun "buy it, write it, send it" cards to all the ingredients for making your own custom card. And lots of very cool paper!

Each of us were given one of these fun folios, filled with all of the supplies we'd need to make our cards.

There were three stations that the groups rotated through. At our first station, we learned how to line envelopes. It was really simple with the right tools, but nothing I would have thought about doing. So cute, I told Jess all of my cards will have lined envelopes now!


At Station #2, we made two cards. This was the "be creative and use what you've got one hand" station. The first card is just extra scraps of paper and embellishments. The second card was the idea of using things you collect on trips, in this instance Paris sticky-notes. Not surprising, it took me awhile to layout this second one, but it turned out to be one of my favorites.



Station #3 was the one that seemed to be taking everyone the most time, so I assumed it was going to be something difficult. It really wasn't anything hard, but we made 3 cards here and each had some new techniques and tools to learn. Most of these used embossing and some neat watercolor pencils.




A fun evening with great take-homes. Can't wait to start making more of my own cards!

2 comments:

H Noble said...

How fun! You'll have to share your new knowledge with me. :)

Jessica H said...

I had so much fun too! Can't wait for the next class we take!