Thursday, June 4, 2009

Home Owner (That's Me!)

Yes, you read correctly. As of last weekend, I officially live in my own house. It is still a little weird to say that - in fact, the past few days have seemed like I am just visiting. But slowly I am putting everything into place and getting used to things like driving down an alley and parking in a garage (my truck fits by just inches!)

My camera was packed away somewhere, so I don't have pictures to document the moving on Saturday, but it was the easiest move I've had. Mainly due to all the great help - my parents, Jacinda and Evan came in from Abilene and then the girls (Amy, Kami, Laura, and Liz) met us at the new house with lunch and extra hands to unload the big truck. Plus, everyone stuck around to help with those fun tasks like hooking up the appliances, cutting shelf paper, cleaning the fridge (which has more parts than I've ever seen in a fridge), and arranging the living room.

Our unofficial family decorator (Mom's friend Kathy) is coming down in a couple of weeks, so after that I'll have some pictures to share. Luckily, the former owners did a lot of updates to the flooring, bathrooms, and walls, so I can just have fun with all of the details.

For all of you former Lubbockites (who've missed this place as much as I), there is a Bahama Bucks only a short drive from my place. You know what they say: location, location, location :)

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Jenise! I can't believe you didn't say anything about buying a house before now! Especially since we've been talking about a Girls' Weekend and where to have it. I think we have a location! So exciting! Do you have roommates or are you living alone? I have a BB by my work; shockingly I haven't been in there yet.

H Noble said...

Congratulations! Glad it all went through okay and you are a homeowner. So very exciting! I can't wait to see 'after' photos, but I love, love, love your bathroom!!!!